Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gym, birthdays and going away

Hallo! This is probably my last post before I go off to the German Language Course in Altsche... something, to the north of Salzburg.

But updating on thursday. that was the first time I had sport and art in the afternoon. We had a two hour lunch break in which I went with Camilla and two other girls from another class, Yasmine and Sophie. They were really nice and we had much fun just walking. And guess where we went.... ASIAN CHEN's! Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera and couldn't take photos. But what can I say I still stared at the Chinese guy at the counter when he spoke german and not chinese or english. But all 3 of us got a small cup which is one of those noodle cups which was filled with egg noodles, chinese cabbage, carrots and chicken pieces for 4 euros. You could imagine my expression when they proclaimed this was asian food. Haha. It didn't have much taste so everyone puts in a gollop of sweet chilli sauce (oh yes they love sweet chilli sauce in Austria, I kid you not). It was an, shall I say, interesting experience. We then proceeded to catch a train and bus back to school and hung around for a while until it was sport time which is pronouced something like tuna in german. Haha.

Gym was another funky experience. All the girls in 7 are divided into 3 groups. Now in my group we first played basketball, without shoes (which i find still strange). Or well at least tried to play it. None of the girls really know how to play bball and it was more netball accompanied by shrieks. Then it was bingo with a ball where you try to beat the other team by hitting the right hoops. Yes this is sports. Haha. We had some random fun with the hula hoops before moving into another room where we could either to weights or table tennis. I taught the few girls in my class in my gym class how to do round robin which they found difficult but fun. THEN ART. No offense but art was kind of boring where the whole original class just sat around making a collage to later on make it a print. So i spent another 2 hours trying to make a collage. But people just walked in and out of the classroom.

Next day was Sabine's birthday! And my host dad put on a nicer breakfast spread for her which we all cheered for her with apple cider! It was nice to see how they loved birthdays! Dietzmar gave her a weekend holiday together in a hotel for her birthday! Maurice later bought Chanel's Chance for her.


I gave her a birthday letter, a brooch, an apron with austrialian flag and a bag, which she loved (thanks mum for telling me to bring them). I finished school earlier which was good and skyped with Nirosh, Darren, Saranya, Alice, George (very briefly), Wan which was NICE since I havent talked to some of them for a while. Later on, I received a visit from Dietzmar's younger sister and her daughter who was ADORABLE. Here's some pictures.

After I took them, she loved looking at herself and frequently pointed to my camera to see herself again and touch the camera's screen. Haha!

That's her being a rebel and wearing Maurice's ENORMOUS feet. His feet are bigger than mine despite the fact that he's 5 years younger than me.
Around 7.00pm guests started to arrive, from Maurice's friends' parents to neighbours to relatives. Maurice and I had fun taking photos of people and me pretending to cook. I mostly went upstairs to play the piano or watch a bit of tv which I fell asleep again. I was just too tired from probably doing nothing. Haha

 Sabine made this cake. I think it's chocolate but it's light and not too sweet for me! :D
 This is an almond kind of cake? I'm not too sure with rasberries in it.



And so today, Maurice and his friends left earlier to watch ski-jumping while I've been trying to pack for language camp and it's so hard knowing that I cannot wash anything for two weeks yet need some warm clothes and shoes if we play in the snow! Later this evening I'm going to the Maturaball BG Blumenstrasse which is the graduating ball for 8 but anyone can come. So if i dont come home too late I might be able to put some photos up of it but no text with it.

Anyways so I wont be able to post anything for two weeks! So you can email me or send me letters! At Fruhlingstrasse 9F 6922, Wolfurt, Austria

with love, from austria,

Vivian

5 comments:

  1. I want you to CHARGE into Chen's, LEAP over the counter, cook some FRIED RICE and say, "THIS IS *REAL* ASIAN FOOD."

    Vot the, basketball with no shoes? That's just...that's just strange lol.

    Have fun at language camp! I'm assuming you will be learning more about German so Viel Glück! (c/p from some website, so accuracy cannot be guaranteed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Franci's idea is awesome so you HAVE to do it :) (i'm expecting photos of you destroying Chen btw) - also, isn't Chen an asian last name? wtf!

    um btw who are Sabine and Dietzmar? never heard of them before.

    SKYPE AGAIN WHEN YOU GET BACK AND EXPECTING LOTS OF GERMAN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG SHE'S SO CUTE. Ngaw just want to squish her cheeks.

    When you come back - GERMAN BLOG ENTRY? HAHAHA. Or you could serenade me. It's up to you (: Have fun! I'll send you a postcard once I figure out where the post office is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE GUY IN THE LAST PHOTO LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE ADAM, AM I THE ONLY ONE TO NOTICE THIS

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like how you say gollop instead of dollop you twit :)

    ReplyDelete