Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Morocco Day 4: Relaxing, Massages and Sailing

Here I am again! Overdue yet again!

Day 4 was totally a relaxing day, which included me waking up at 10am. It was a quiet breakfast. Unfortunately, Sabine got quite sick that day! :(

But in the afternoon, while I was writing in my diary and Maurice was playing with his diablo on the balcony, Sabine went to get a massage. After her, I got one too! It was great feeling, since I haven't had a massage in just about ages! It was quite funny since the woman who was doing the massage for me, didn't speak English or German so I couldn't communicate with her! ( I had the suspicions that she didn't speak Cantonese either! Haha!)

Afterwards, Wolfgang, Dietmar, Maurice and I walked to the beach to go sailing!  Actually Maurice initially wanted to swimming with me in the beach, however, it was quite dirty and I didn't really want to. In addition, there's basically no girls swimming because of the religion and I didn't want to be the only one. Being an Asian already attracted too many unwanted stares! Haha! So we decided to just stick with sailing. Since in sailing you normally get wet, I was determined to go at least in jean shorts. For about 10 minutes debate, how to get me across the city without making so much a commotion with the natives, we had to make a specific route to the beach. Luckily Rabat is more modern and open to new views because of tourism. However, that doesn't deny the fact that the whole way there, everyone kept staring at my legs... I felt so embarrassed and silly because I knew they were looking because they weren't use to seeing any exposed skin to that extent!

So once we finally arrived there (mind you we had to walk through the graveyard next to the beach which was quite scary despite the fact we were in broad daylight!) , we arranged for one of the sailing boats to be set and ready to go! It wasn't the best or the newest but it made it a great experience simply because it's in Morocco! It was sure a rocky ride! We weren't allowed to go too far because it was rather windy! So we just went back and forth in the cove. Going with the wind was nice, but going against, at the end Maurice made me change positions with him because he was getting totally soaked! Haha! It was so fun and I cannot wait to sail once again in Austria!

That night, we ate dinner at the hotel in which a jazz band was playing. The music was fantastic and the hotel was completely full! I was exhausted that day and went to bed quite early!

I might post another one real soon since I'm leaving for Euro tour in around a week's time. I'm not sure if you guys want me to talk about Euro tour once it's over because as you know, it's going to take me forever to blog it! So if you want... tell me one way or another and I'll think about it! :D

With love, from Austria

Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment