Monday, March 28, 2011

Football, Cornflakes and Fadia

HELLO! I know this was a while ago, but better late than never! Sorry about the overdue posts, as the past week I went on a ski camp! But first let me go through what happened prior Ski camp! Two tuesdays ago, my Rotary Club was kind enough to invite the exchange students to go to a Football Match in Munich. This was one of the two European Championships League Football Matches in Europe. The other was in Milan previously. The match was between FC Bayern and Inter Milan. It was a huge match since it was the two finalists against one another. The stadium we went to held around 69,000 people which was completely full and the atmosphere of it was simply exhilarating! I was extremely happy to be part of this experience and wouldn't hesitate to go again! 

This is Christof, the Rotary who brought us there! We had to board a bus at around 5pm as it took us around a bit more than 3 hours to get there!





Our 'weiss' white bus. Weiss actually means white.

Basically everyone who went was an FC Bayern Fan, it was incredible how you could only see a flock of white and red. About at least 80% of the spectators were male.


We were right at the top and look at the stadium already filling up. To the left of this picture is a less condensed space which was reserved for the sponsors of the match etc. They had a huge party indoors and came outside 5 mins before the match started.







Both TEAMS! The chants of the team were wild. I had no idea what they meant but it was completely biast! Haha The stadium played their own cover of Barbara Streisand in which instead of playing Barbara Streisand they played FC Bayern. I thought that was hilarious!

The white sign on the left of the soccer ball is actually in Japanese. That was in dedication to the people in Japan. Everyone in the stadium stood up for 2 minutes of silence for those in need in Japan. I think the action of everyone doing it.. in a way... touched me.

Already one person was lifted out of the field for an injury!




I can't say much about this match because you simply had to be there to experience it! As you should know, FC Bayern lost unfortunately but it still didn't dampen the fan's cheers, especially for Thomas Muller! I didn't arrive home that night until at 2.30am. I was so tired the next morning that I didn't go to school and just stayed at home for recovery sake.

That night though, I convinced Maurice to try my all time favourite, CRUNCHY NUT cornflakes! And I told him to try it, little did I know that he meant to try it at that moment, which was at night. Haha! I thought it was hilarious that we were eating cornflakes at night, so took a photo to commerate this special event! Haha!



On Thursday I met Camilla's friend, Fadia from Mexico who is doing an exchange in Swizterland. However, unfortunately it wasn't the best day to show her around Bregenz since it was pouring heavily that day! Shoes for soaking wet but regardless we still had an unforgettable experience!

These are sneaky shots of my school!




I also found my Maurice's old slippers and TRIED THEM ON! How awesome are they?!



That's all for now. I'll update soon with the awesomeness of Schiwoche! I simply cannot wait!

With love, from Austria,

Vivian

3 comments:

  1. Hey Vivian! Glad to hear from you again! Will send you an e-mail soon. So happy to hear that you're having so much fun! Definitely have to Skype again sometime. Miss you so much!

    -Darren

    ReplyDelete
  2. loool maurice is so funny :) keep blogging vivi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God i'm so jealous you went to UEFA!!

    ReplyDelete