Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Schiwoche, accidents and Schladming [Continued]

Since I've busted my limited on uploading photos, I'll try just typing stuff up instead. But to continue from ski camp, I've kinda lost the energy to write about it. Haha! Basically it was hectic fun, I injured my left knee which still hasn't completely healed yet, I increased the number of bruises on my body and made so many new friends! The photos from ski camp continue at this website:
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee489/viv_whale/ (By the way, by how the way photobucket works, all my photos are viewed backwards)

I think from now on, I'll upload my photos individually onto my photobucket website and then type entires here!

I've been relatively good! I had lots of fun two weeks ago, when it was one of my classmates' birthdays. So during our two hour break, we went to the Lake and brought with us strawberries and whipped cream! Something so simple was great fun! Then we just proceeded to play around with the whipped cream!
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee489/viv_whale/Sophie%20Birthday%20by%20Bodensee%2031st%20of%20March/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ16

In the middle of those 2 weeks ago, I was at home, just on the computer a HUGE PARCEL CAME! Sorry to break the news, but it wasn't for me :( Haha. It was actually the 5m trampoline that Dietmar ordered in for Maurice so he could do his complicated tricks with backflips and what not. But it was massive. We had to construct it and all of us (some neighbours and his friends helped) got pretty dirty. I think it was because of the slime (not the right word) on the metal bars. It was new and had this greasy silver stuff on it and pretty much got everywhere! I also met Pia that day! She is Marie-Sophie's sailing buddy and was really nice! She invited me to go horse vaulting on the following Monday too! http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee489/viv_whale/New%20Trampoline%201st%20of%20April/

That weekend as well, Sophie (the exchange student one), came to visit me and sleep over since her host parents were visiting Bregenz! I hanged around in the morning playing with the new trampoline while the neighrbour children terrorised me! Haha! I love having them so much! The weather was so nice as Spring was really coming and it was quite warm with beautiful sunshine!

I met up with Sophie and Emily later and we decided to go to Lindau, Germany to explore! http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee489/viv_whale/Weekend%20with%20Sophie%202nd%20and%203rd%20of%20April/We briefly went to the shopping centre there, but there wasn't that much. Regardless, it was a beautiful day and I think that made us happy enough. I still find it so cool how it only takes us around 20 minutes by train to go to another country! All of us later hanged out at my house and played in the backyard with all the neighbours. All the neighbours had dinner together at this 'Harry Potter' styled long wooden table with various grilled meat and sausages (they say grill instead of bbq). Emily left later because she needed to pack for her Wien week with her class while Sophie and I was satisfied with watching Bride and Prejudice! :D

The next day, one of my neighbours (I forgot her name!:( ) was really generous and nice and took Sophie and I to horse riding! We had turns in being led by her on the horse, since she wasn't sure about us just riding off because her friend owned those horses. I had fun hanging with her son, Juri who has so much energy in him that's it's crazy! He kept throwing dirt at me saying it was snow. Lol! Oh and one of the highlights that morning was seeing a foal which was born just a few hours before! The mother was a bit frantic and if we came too close she would come up and snort at us, meaning that if we went way too close she would be close enough to bite us. But just looking at the foal was simply beautiful!

Anyways, we bummed around afters and finished watching another one of my favourites, 'How to train a dragon!'. Love it! We didn't stay long before Dietmar, Maurice and I dropped her off to Feldkirch while we stayed there and had the BIGGEST schnitzel available in Voralberg in the castle there! It was literally 30cm! You can see it in the photos! But it's so thin. We had to share 2 between the three of us and even there, we were so insanely filled! We walked around later and then had icecream despite it was quite cool! And so began the week without Sabine, because she went on a holiday to Lyon, France with her class, similar to my class who went to Madrid or Lyon depending on which language they did.

So last week, I went to another class, one year younger than me to 6B. It was kind of boring since I didn't know that many people. And all the teachers basically told us to do whatever we wanted! Haha! But on Monday, I went vaulting with Pia! And that was simply amazing. I didn't take any photos unfortunately because I was too busy trying to stay alive! Haha! Vaulting is basically gymnastics on horses. And we did all these warm ups at first. In the beginning, it wasn't bad but then my body was really unfit (and still is). And I felt so bad because all of them were younger than me. And I felt even worse when they practised on the wooden thing which acted as a practise one. Omg, they were doing all these somersaults and cartwheels and difficult things! It was simply amazing! And they showed me some of their routines on the horses! Pia and her friends insisted I tried. Well amazingly I did some and survived. You have to imagine me doing them with much screamings and freaking outs! And then I did the simplest ones on the horses! And that was only when it was walking. I don't even want to think about doing it when its galloping. I think I would die of fright to be honest! Haha it was an amazing experience and want to do it again!!! But gosh, the next few days I was so sore from it! I'm not even joking. It hurt so much to laugh and cough because my muscles hurt!

Anyways that's my update for now! I'll update for sure asap before I go to Morocco on Saturday which I cannot wait for!

With love from Austria,

Vivian

2 comments:

  1. LOL. sigh every time i read your blog spots i'm always extremely jealous cos you seem so busy and you get to do so many cool things :( but i'm glad you're still having so much fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahah vivian!! i miss last year,, its sophie

    ReplyDelete