Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bregenz, snowballs and schnitzels

Continuing from yesterday, my host parents decided to show me around the village/town of Wolfurt which is quite small with around 5000 inhabitants, but it is close to two rather large towns of 50,000 and 20,000 people. We proceeded to climb a STEEP STEEP mountain and went around a castle there which is inhabited by ONE 80ish old lonely woman who has around 3-4 people to clean her castle weekly.


It was very pretty up there with heaps of snow but a bit unstable. Couldn't take photos since I didnt bring my camera there since I was charging it at home. Anyways, apparently everyone around the house knew I was coming so I became some sort of tourist attraction for them. Haha. So around at 4pm, the neighbours two doors down came for afternoon tea. It was really funny because before, the youngest daughter was actually walking around our house to take a peek of me but couldnt so knocked on the door. 


They had two daughters who were both pretty cute! The father could speak fluent english because he worked in Seattle, America before. It helped me since I didnt feel so left out of the conversation. The mother offered me her violin if I wanted to play but apparently it was really old that she needed to get it fix before. That freaked me out a bit, because it was really generous of her to offer me her violin and since it was that old, i would presume it was be very expensive. 


Afterwards we had some time to relax and then my host father made lasagna. It was really good and homemade but from then I was falling asleep at the dinner table. It was only 8.30 but I was using all my energy to keep my eyes open. I shortly feel asleep at like around 9.30pm and slept my first night in Austria.


My body was still not use to the time so I prompty woke up at 5.30am. However my host family did not wake up until like 9.30am. I went on the laptop and did my favourite past times of watching family outing and secret garden. Haha. 


Had breakfast. Wow, they really eat bread at every seating. I had bread with cheese and museli they made which comprised of yoghurt, bran seeds, sunflower seeds, bits of dried fruit and vanilla. Interesting. Lol. Then they brought me to Bregenz via bus. Which is a larger town in where my school is. 



 As you can tell, despite me being on the other side of the world, I still saw some familiar faces :D 


 Went inside a really small church, but you can really tell and recognise how old their buildings are. 





 Inside the cable car place. Yes I look like a snowball
 TOBOGGANS! Apparently only children go on those, that's before they learn how to ski.

 Inside the cable car.

 That's Lake Constance and the town on the right is party of Germany
 On the top of the mountain, Plamer. My host brother, Maurice and me. Yes he's just about my height and yes he's only 13. I'm a midget here.
 This is when he commenced to hit me with tons of snowballs. I'm not kidding.


 My host family!
 How bloody pretty is that! It looks like ice snow.
 There was something like a wildlife park here. Those are like the wild goats?
 WILD BOARS!
 wild deer




 We had lunch at the little but old restaurant there which was about 150 years old.
 My host mother ordered purple tea! Haha, it's tea common in France which uses strawberries and rasberries and some other fruits to make tea.
 Pretzels which you can just take for 0.60 euros
 By Vienna Schnitzel! it was yum with fries.
 Both of my host parents ordered this which is like salad with slices of soft cheese. The dark sauce is actually pumpkin oil. It was SOOO NICE
 My host brother ordered this. It was sort of like dumpling which had this soft herb cream cheese inside.
 On the way back in the cable car, we saw a hang glider? So epic considering it was really up in the mountains that my ears popped as we go up.

 Lol this is their famous Chinese place to eat. Apparently it's really good... hmm. haha

 WHen I saw this, I thought back to the Scratchie Crabs.. LOL good times


Basically it was hell of a time today. My face froze several times and my legs felt like they were getting bitten really bad from the cold. Snow is so strange still but I had fun. Talk more later

with love, From Austria

Vivian

7 comments:

  1. it sounds lame but if u wear tights underneath jeans or watever, ur legs stay a bit warmer :) its sounds/looks AMAZING there! stay positive and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing ! heehee, Scratchie Crabs... soooo sour I can't buy one myself yet. The food looks good too, you should cook Chinese for them sometime XD

    Have to say, I am very jealous of all the pretty views you're getting, hope you're having lots of fun there(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fifi! I'm so glad you made it all safe and sound - and you don't just look like a "snowball", you look like you're twelve again. =p

    Keep writing, and not just here, but in your own diary also! And I love the photos!

    And by the way, you should wake up to at least one episode of Personal Taste - come on, Lee Min Ho at what, 5:30am for a while? Yum! =d

    I saw your mum yesterday and she promised to tell me how you were - she told me about you talking about the "strange" driving - trust you to pick that up! =p

    Love lots, talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photos love!! <3 I am extremely jealous and happy for you. And snow. And food. I love both. And you (: Update every day! I will be checking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah super jel, everything is so pretty. Like Eva, I also love food shots so (Y) I approve haha. Those pretzels look delish.

    OMG PL0X try out that Chinese place and judge it luls.

    ALSO: Secret Garden and Family Outing, LOL some things never change :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE SNOW IS AMAZEBALLS!!!!! i'm so glad you're loving it there! make sure u keep us all update DAILY! well if u have time :). Miss you heaps already vivy!
    p.s. haha you're short over there XD btw i love the photos of the snow and the food sigh i wish i was there with you!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY SO MANY PHOTOS :D i can practically feel the snow myself :)

    Secondly - fist bump Maurice on my behalf please, sounds like a legend :)

    Thirdly - YAAY Scratchie Crabs <3! Owned Jen can't buy one yet :P

    The food looks so good. Yeah go school the Asian place on how to cook REAL chinese food, yeah? and wow so many animals, guess you'll fit in perfectly...though to be fair you're more of a domesticated whale than a wild one :) Also i've decided you're bringing me back a wild deer or something cos i'm awesome.

    Keep Posting!

    With Love from Bimbadeen Street, Epping

    p.s. still on the hunt for a whale soft toy to use as a Vivi proxy at all of our events :)

    ReplyDelete