Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Early mornings, socks and balls

[Written yesterday]

No photos today, sorry. I didn't really want to start school as the new Australian yet Asian girl who took photos of the whole school on the first day. Haha! But things were sure different!

School starts at 7.30, so I had to wake up at 6.30 and leave by 7.10 to catch a bus. It was okay waking up since I still woke up at like 5.30 though it was REALLY REALLY dark! Anyways, ran for the bus and caught it safely with my host mother. It was strange having so many people pile in with snow jackets and everything. Plus the buses are much nicer and ON TIME! :D Yes on time, what a difference! :D

Anyways! My host mother brought me to the principal's office. Oh wow the first thing different is that they wear NO SHOES INSIDE! yes they either wear their socks inside or bring like home slippers. They take all their thick jackets and shoes to the lockers downstairs and then walk around in socks. How strange! The building is different as well having only one main building with many levels in it. Around 5? Everyone has like one main home room as everyone is in one main class then they separate only for different languages but everything else is done together. They have specific rooms for biology, chemistry and physics and some other subjects but most classes are done in that one class. The have blackboards which move up and down hahaha!
Oh btw, they have 3 bins, one for paper, one for plastics and one for everything else. It's so different! They are really into recycling here as my host family has more bins than that! One for scrap metal, packaging things like plastic, one paper, one organic, one waste and one for something else. Sorry I forgot!

Anyways, my class does latin, french and spanish, and while latin is compulsory I am allowed to just do spanish and french, but they all do religion/ethics, physics, chem, maths, english, german and pschology. I think that's about it. Oh yea geography and history. Anyways school finished earlier than normal at like 1.30. Normally it finishes around 12 apart from Mondays and Thursdays. Thursday I finish at 5.00 with the later classes being art and gym. But today was an exception. Went home to find Maurice already there!

Since I had the time, I skyped alice! :D It was already very late for her since I got home at around 2.00. Oh My GOSH! I underestimated the power of younger brothers. He had a friend over for making signs when we go to watch ski jumping races live in around 2 weeks time before I go to language camp for Austria. I wish he just stuck to doing it. I won't saying anything but he kept walking around the house saying that I looked like Lady Gaga and all my friends were jacky chan's. Haha, I think that was revenge for saying he looked like justin beiber, but who could deny it?

Even worse, I had to help him make jelly since he couldnt read the instructions or he just didnt want to. And then when I went to the cat (neigbours' cat which just go to and fro when it wants to) I found Maurice to my disbelief on my SKYPE WITH ALICE! He went on my skype when I went to the get cat. Haha, I was so shocked! And then when I finally recovered my earphones from him, he said, without knowing that Alice could hear him, 'She is beautiful' 'How old is she?' 'Does she have a boyfriend?', while I was face palming and Alice laughing her head off. It wasn't until I told him that he realised that alice could hear and quickly said 'It's a JOKE!' Haha. 13-year-old brothers are purely unpredictable!

After my host parents came home, we had dinner and then checked on the jelly in the fridge, however it hadn't hardened enough for it to set yet! I think it was because the fridge wasn't cold enough, and the freezer was full... so ... we put the jelly outside to set! HAHA! Who would have expected that? To set the jelly by placing it outside! To me it was most amusing since that would never occur back in Oz.

Anyways watching ski races again! TTYL

With love, from austria,

Vivian

8 comments:

  1. I was going to take photos today, but I didn't have my camera. I'm stoked as to be the girl that takes a billion photos XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'She is beautiful' 'How old is she?' 'Does she have a boyfriend?'

    LOOOOOOOOOL def have to tease Alice about this.

    And what the hell, you get to study Latin and Psychology? Might have to move to Austria.

    Anyway why does your title have "Balls"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA. Oh Alice, such a heartbreaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry frances, the balls is about because i have a ball/formal coming up in the coming saturday. I'm screwed

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHA

    ok now i'm done. no wait

    AHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH

    ah, Alice - such a charmer. I kinda feel bad for Maurice though :P ANd wtf? he's only 13?! BUt he's a GIANT!!! LOL his jacky chan call is kinda true though (well not me since i'm....brown but you get what i mean). and wtf? gaga? What you leave Australia for Austria and you think it's ok to wear meat dresses?

    Also, side note - i really like the naming of these posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay while i'm honoured in being mentioned in your blog........ OMG HAHAHAHHAA. but it WAS really funny. and if it makes you feel any better he also called me lady gaga AND i actually didnt know his name until i read this - i just called him justin bieber. LOL

    hope you enjoyed your jelly.

    DIDNT YOU BRING A DRESS LIKE I TOLD YOU?! =/

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) hahhaah :) sounds like fun!
    yknoww maurice reminds me of the teapot from the beauty and the beast, or maybe it was the father. maurice . haha
    i'm so glad you're settling in lovelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG ALICE...he's mine. JOKES WOW HE'S ONLY 13, WHAT A BABY....OR SHUD I SAY BABYYYY BABYYYY BABYYYY OOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete